Thursday, July 3, 2014

eleven months




dear declan,

my sweet eleven month old...almost one year old!  how is that?  this month you have mastered crawling.  it's a whole new world for both of us.  i'm having a hard time adjusting to the fact that i used to be able to sit you down on the floor run grab something and you'd just be hanging out where i left you 2 seconds ago.  now if i do that i have to go on a hunt to find you.  you're so quick, but thankfully you've usually just gone to find me.  the other day you and the pugs followed me into the other room one by one.  it was like follow the leader...i couldn't help but laugh at the sight.

you're weighing around 22 pounds, in 12 month clothing and wearing a size 4 diaper.  your beautiful red hair is really starting to thicken up and there are these curls on your chubby little neck that are to die for.  oh how i pray you keep that red hair.  you have the sweetest personality.  you're a bit shy meeting new people, but it doesn't take you long to flash them one of your precious smiles.  you're always laughing too.

we had to lower the crib this month because you started standing up in it.  so now when you wake up from a nap or in the mornings you're standing up babbling away...sometimes screaming at me too if i don't get you fast enough.   the other morning i walked in and you were standing up in bed with your pants off.  how you got those off still remains a mystery.

i love you so much little man.  you've started giving hugs to me and it just melts me.  i'm so blessed to be your mama and hope you never stop giving me your precious hugs.

all my love,
mama

1 comment:

Rebecca Jo said...

I can't believe he's almost a year!!!