our house has been on the market for awhile. after two contracts falling through and numerous showings i told boy i was done. he asked for one more month. i begrudgingly said yes. and two days later we were under contract.
in a few short weeks we will be saying goodbye to our first home. we'll be loading up and moving to a rental for six months while our house is being built. it's so bittersweet. we're not only leaving behind a great house that saw us through our first years of marriage, but also leaving behind the best neighbor's God could of ever blessed us with. i hate goodbyes.
so this is becoming my view that's multiplying daily. i started out going "this is going to be the most organized move ever" and had a list of what was in each box and everything was nice labeled and numbered. and now it's "throw that crap in a box and tape it up!!".
my view from behind the baby gate. the pug's are a bit unsure of all this. i keep reassuring them not to worry, the food bowls and the sofa are coming with us.
in the meantime, i'm heavily relying on my dark chocolate addiction to keep it together.
This month is just flying by. I feel like I'm behind on everything. And when I say everything, most importantly, this season's episodes of Parenthood and Revenge. I made the mistake of relying solely on my cable company to come through and put them on their on demand program so I could curl up in bed and watch them per my nightly routine, but they have failed me. The audacity of their generosity. Which led to a call to the cable company today and me trying to fix it.
Automated Voice: "Please state your technical issue in your own sentence"
Me: "Help!! I'm 3 weeks behind on Parenthood and haven't even started Revenge"
AV: "I'm sorry I do not understand. Please state your problem again"
Me: "NO PARENTHOOD!!"
AV: "I'm sorry I do not understand. Please hold for a representative"
Long conversation short the rep kindly pretended to care about my mini dilemma, and after numerous attempts to fix it...it appears the cable box must be replaced. So fingers crossed I get reunited with the Braverman's soon and can start Nashville too. You know because I need another drama in my life.
Anyway, with me being behind and all I found a post I started awhile back about blogging and it just never got posted. I had been thinking about how this year marks 5 years of my blogging. Crazy how fast the time goes. And I was thinking about some of the first blogs I read and the ones that inspired me to start my own.
I know Big Mama and BooMama were one of the first and oh how I wish I could remember how I even discovered them. And from there I branched out and started commenting on others and that started some amazing blog friendships. Sadly, as I look back on my blogroll it seems so many that I started out reading have moved on and no longer blog. Thankfully, you stumble into new ones along the way in this big ole' blog world. The best part of this 5 years of blogging is thinking about the first blogs you followed and when you started following them they may have had only 1 kiddo and now has 3 or they were single and are now married. So much fun to get to ride along on every blogger's journey.
So, I'm curious to know do you remember the blog or bloggers that inspired you to create your own spot in the blog world? Or maybe some of your first blog friends?
Because of my super awesome organizational skills I mistook an appointment I had today for 11:00 instead of 1:00. At least I was early. Since it wasn't close to the house I took this gift of time and did something I haven't done in years.
I went to the mall across the street.
Like a real honest to goodness escalators and Sbarro's filled mall.
It's sadly been awhile. Like to the point where I walked in and gasped at the sight of The Limited store front and felt the need to call someone and ask if they could believe they were still around. My wardrobe lived for The Limited Too and The Limited in the 90's. Good times.
I do believe that my lack of mall trips have been due to the invention of the internet. Why dodge mall surveyors when you can get the Gap shipped to your front door? It's been an easy and unregrettable decision.
Ultimately, I spent a good amount of time in Forever 21 in search of a new chambray top, because the one I bought at Target fits weird and makes me look like I'm headed to an art class. Right away I began noticing a rather large section of leopard print. More specifically leopard skinny jeans in various colors. Although I am a huge fan of all things leopard print, I just could not fathom actually wearing them or where one would even wear them or what's the age limit on the leopard print pants and if there's not a rule maybe we need to make one. Too much thought so I moved on.
Sadly, no chambray on the shelves, but lots of other cute stuff especially in the Love 21 section. And in those 2 hours I had to kill at the mall truly wore me out. I realized the best part of shopping online is the lack of work you actually have to do.
But then there's that Orange Julius stand that sort of makes up for the whole outing doesn't it?
1. I've really been loving watching the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders: Making the Team each Friday night. This show really needs a warning though, "you're to old for this" at the beginning of each episode. For some reason it's caused some unwelcome confidence in my own flexibility and kick technique. I told boy if I run out and buy white cowboy boots he has my permission for a kick line intervention.
2. I've been meaning to give a nubbin update on pug. You can read all about his utter here. When I took him to the vet last month she looked at it and said, what I thought, no cause for concern just if I see it growing or him scratching at it then call. Well what about if he starts sprouting out another one? I just noticed this today so a call to the vet will be in order first thing monday for two nubbin-ectomies (thanks Lia).
3. Speaking of trips to the vet when I took them in and they weighed them out in the waiting room they both came in at exactly the same weight. I was like there is no way that's correct... pug always seems so much heavier than Landry. So we weighed them again and sure enough the same weight popped up. A lady in the waiting room says to me "it's because he's black". I'm like excuse me, thinking could your comment couldn't be anymore racist and inappropriate. She goes on to say it's because he's wearing black, everyone looks slimmer in black. Speechless I tell you. Remind me to tell you the ebony and ivory story from a recent trip to the pet store sometime.
4. I'm not going to get my hopes up too high, but I think we may be able to start busting out the long sleeved shirts this weekend. I so hope we can get a few good weeks in of having the windows open...the a/c needs a break.
5. I felt like there was a number 5 here, but I'm getting sleepy and my hamstrings are killing me so we're just going to have to roll with 4 bits of randomness today.