Tuesday, October 25, 2011

book shopping

I'm in the middle of what I think I can truly call my favorite book of 2011.  Oh how I love finding those great page turners that keep you up way past bedtime.

I'm reading "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak.  It came out a few years ago and I've had friends raving to me about it for months and I'm sad it took me this long to finally pick it up.  So if you need a good read you must pick this one up!!


Also, as I was reading it, I was curious to see if it will become a movie sometime in the future.  That seems to be the trend these days.  Didn't really find much on my google search, but did come across this fun website where this creative blogger dishes up her own fantasy castings for books.  Very fun and totally loved her picks.  I was reading her posts going "yes she'd be perfect for it" over and over...I think hollywood needs to hire her on.

I've also finished in the last couple weeks a few others.

1. "What Women Fear" by Angie Smith- the girl rocked this one!  I might even need to go back and read it again, it was that encouraging.

2. "One Fifth Avenue" by Candace Bushnell- yeah so I'm a sucker for some chick lit and picked it up super cheap at a used bookstore.  I haven't read any of her stuff, but did love the sadly cancelled tv show "Lipstick Jungle" a few years back.  I really did enjoy this one...just kind of a perfect light end of summer read.

3. "One Day" by David Nicholls  had a hard time getting into it at first, but once I got into a few chapters I just adored it.  Haven't seen the movie yet, so I'll be anxious to rent it when it comes out I think next month.

What's on your nightstand or kindle friends?  Love hearing what your reading and getting some suggestions on what to pick up next.  I'm thinking I'm going to have a hard time topping "The Book Thief" once I finish it.

2 comments:

The Presutti's said...

Girl I love to read but I honestly just don't have the time. I will definitely check out those books though.

Rebecca Jo said...

I so badly want to read Angie Smith's book!!! Now you've really got me wanting to devour it!