Tuesday, November 9, 2010

cats & dogs

Hello bloggy friends!  Sorry, I didn't mean to disappear for a whole week.  It seemed like there was constantly something, which made it very challenging to juggle life and not miss both Real Housewives series.  Seriously, because I find my week is not complete unless I'm watching someone waltz at their own baby shower or buy diamonds for their 4 year old.  Please someone tell me y'all are also addicted to the craziness of these shows.

Then this weekend we headed out to my parents because deer hunting season began.  And let me tell you I was so excited I couldn't sleep all week.

I kid.

Mama and I did hear about it all week though and were more than ready to send them on their hunting way and only discuss all things girly for the weekend.  We also felt it was so sweet and thoughtful of both Lifetime & Hallmark Channel to both have a new movie on Saturday so we could celebrate the opening of deer hunting season in true girly form.

But it wasn't just mama and I.  I introduced you all a few weeks ago to my parents new cat, Gracie.  This was Pug and Gracies first time together since Gracie got declawed a few weeks ago and because I was sure they'd be the very best of friends instantly I decided to let them play together.  Let me just say this...Disney movies lie.  Their was no Milo & Otising, Homeward Bounding, Oliver & Companying going on this weekend.  In fact, instead we had a pug who constantly TT'd in the hall while ignoring mama because she brought that cat into his spoiled life and a cat who hissed at me for bringing that dog over to annoy her.

I will say that cat looks all sweet and cuddly, but she is totally the instigator. 

Pug what do you think of Gracie?

That's what I thought.

Here's Miss Priss/Gracie/Princess Beyonce wanting nothing to do with me.


I'm being given the silent treatment for ruining her perfectly good weekend.


You can dangle that bee in my face all day, but I'm not going to play.


Oh maybe just this once.  I can't resist a feathered bee.


 So, we're still all recovering from the weekend.  


Some more than others.


9 comments:

Erin Ward said...

My cat is totally the instigator too. My poor old pug just moseys (mosies?) around while the cat hides behind furniture and pounces on him.

And I'm sorry to say I've never watched Real Housewives. But I will admit my addiction to Keeping Up With The Kardashians. Oh Boy.

Unknown said...

I am sitting here in my quiet house while the family lies sleeping trying not to wake them up with my hysterical laughter while reading this post! Oh, thank you ever so much. I've had quite the day and needed your wonderful musings tonight. Thanks!

The Bonjour Four said...

hahahah i love this post! and i love the picture of his sticking his tongue out. lol

sure missed your posts!

Maggie said...

too cute... my dogs hate cats. even from a distance.

i hope peace and love is restored in your house soon!

agent99 said...

Ha! We brought a shelter dog into a two cat house...they quickly showed him who was boss(es).
I was SO EXCITED to get the Plan B package!
I was a little worried because I'm not Catholic....but it's all cool.
As soon as I'm done, I'll post my thoughts!
Many Thanks for the give-away!

kelley @ the eclectic owl said...

Why don't we live in the same city? I am also addicted those shows. I don't know what it is...and that baby shower was annoying (she is my least favorite house wife). Pug looks and sounds like he enjoys Gracie just as much as my dog enjoys baths - not at all.

Whitney said...

I am ADDICTED to the Housewives. ADDICTED. And I need someone to discuss them with because NOBODY else I know loves them.
I love Pug's face in that picture.

Lauren said...

So I guess you could call it a love/hate relationship? Or maybe just hate , haha!!

Anonymous said...

Haha, I love this post!

My kitten would never go for having a pup in the house!