Monday, November 15, 2010

book shopping

It's been awhile since I've done a book shopping post.  And in all honesty I haven't done near as much reading as I would like since that last post.  If only I could take that magical trip to a beach filled full of comfy cabana chairs and I bring only my pile of books and a waiter continually refreshes my sonic drink.  It's my Disney World y'all.

Anyway, what I have been reading over the past couple months is "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" series!  It is so good!  This girl (my cousin) was like you need to read this and I was like I don't know I'm not really into dragons and she's like at least read till page 50 and I did and could not stop.  It was totally not what I had expected.  I call her the book whisperer because she has an ubber-talented gift of recommending good reads.  She works in the field and I know I can always call her up and tell her I need a mystery or I need a chick lit read and the girl waves her wand and tells me what to try.  I told her she needs to start charging for this service.  Hopefully I 'll get the family discount though.

I'm finishing up the 3rd book from the millennium series and then I'm not sure what to read next.  I've got on my list the latest John Grisham "The Confession" and Francine River's Marta Legacy. 

What are y'all reading this month?

5 comments:

Erin Ward said...

I love Diane Chamberlain. Right now I'm reading The Lies We Told. Very good so far! I've never been disapointed in one her her books.

Whitney said...

I love that you did this post because I have a $30 B&N gift card burning a hole in my pocket. I will be waiting to see all your comments!

Chelsea said...

I just finished "Freedom" by Jon franzan. It was Oprah's bookclub selection. I really enjoyed it. Currently I am reading "Same kind of different as me" I started it on Thursday and am almost finished. A great story!

Happiness Is... said...

See I picked up "The Girl..." and then it just didn't intrigue me for some reason. Maybe I should try again. I loved The Help but I know that is so last year :)

A well dezigned life. said...

The Art Of Racing In The Rain by Garth Stein.
The story is told through the eyes of the family dog!
A must read for all dog I mean Pug lovers!