Tuesday, July 6, 2010

and the store for the brave

I hope you all had a great 4th of July weekend.  We had a wonderful and relaxing weekend.  On Sunday evening we headed over to some friend's house.  They have quite a bit of land and a few fearless teenagers, so combine that with a ridiculously large supply of fireworks and you have yourself a spectacular show.  It was such a blast and we were so grateful that the weather was just perfect.

Then on on our way home we we were heading right past a Wally World and I asked boy if he'd mind if I just swung in real quick because our pop-tart supply was dangerously low, but what I really meant was "hey do mine pushing my cart around for me and keeping me company in Wally World while I grab a week's worth of groceries like a mad woman".  Bless his heart. 

And to my utter disbelief I discovered that Wally World can actually be an enjoyable and tranquil experience.  Go figure.  Some may say even a trip to the spa.  If your spa is lined with a ginormous amount of NASCAR paraphernalia.  My awestruck discovery that Wally World is the place to be at 11:35 on the 4th of July almost made us stand next to the sticker greeter and belt out the Star-Spangled Banner.

Almost.

2 comments:

Heather said...

This solves an age-old mystery for me!!! I have always wondered if there was a "good time" to go to wally world---and now I know!!!! :)

sara said...

Freaking hysterical account of your fun times at Wally World! Glad you had a great weekend!