Monday, January 18, 2010

book shopping

What are you reading? I always love to hear what you all are reading at the moment. Y'all give great recommendations.

Here's my nightstand right now.


Just Read: "What Difference Do It Make?"- Kind of a follow-up to "Same Kind of Different as Me" which I just loved. I had no idea this book even existed. Someone gave this to me for Christmas and it's wonderful...it's even autographed. I was so pumped! This is a such a great read!

Reading: "A Thousand Splendid Suns"- This has been on my list FOREVER! Finally picked up a copy and am already having a hard time putting it down.

To Read: "The Friday Night Knitting Club"- Been on the list for awhile too. Now that I'm knitting I might even enjoy it more! Ha!

I have to add that I finished "The Help" over Christmas and it was AMAZING! Add it to your list if you haven't read it yet.

9 comments:

~M~ said...

I am currently reading for school + Chick Lit...hahaha!

Kate said...

I went on a book splurge a while ago, but here are some of the books on my nightstand

The Hour I First Believed- Wally Lame
The Good Wife- Curtis Siffidendel (ugh spelling).
Under the Dome- Stephen King
The Last Song- Nicholas Sparks
Shoe Addicts Anonymous
Middlesex- Jeffery Eugendis
Barfeoot-Elin Hildebrand

There are lots more. I can e-mail them to you if you want. I also have a list of books to be read about 75 long too.

Yay for bookies!

Thanks for sharing your recommendations.

Dugout Daisy said...

I just finished The Zahir by Paulo Coehlo, currently reading Dear John by Nicholas Sparks, next is The Help (after my mom finishes reading it)!
Yay for books!!!
:)

Aubs said...

i finally jumped on the twilight bandwagon so i am reading breaking dawn right now!

when i am finished i am going to start the circle trilogy by ted dekker. i've heard great things about it, but have never read anything by him!

a thousand splendid suns and the friday night knitting club have been on my want to read list for a while now!!

Allikaye's Mama said...

Just finished the Friday Night Knitting Club - so good. Hve you read The Glass Castle...Rosemary Wells. It was so good. Then I just read her next one which was...Half Broken Horses- So good!!!

Lauren said...

Have you ever read “Redeeming Love” by Francine Rivers or “The Shack”?

Rebecca Jo said...

I've read two of those... LOVED "What Difference do it make"... inspiring!

And be prepared - the Friday Night Knitting Club has like 3 books afterwards... they are all great - but I'd get them & read them straight through so you can in touch with the characters...

I'm currently reading "My Jesus Year"

prashant said...

a thousand splendid suns and the friday night knitting club have been on my want to read list for a while now!!

Work from home India

Unknown said...

Thanks for recommending "Same Kind of Different As Me" and "What Difference Do It Make?" on your blog! I work with Thomas Nelson, and we would love to follow your blog and hear what readers think of these moving books. I would like to offer you a complimentary copy of "What Difference Do It Make?" that you can offer as a giveaway on your blog, or use however you like. Please contact me with your mailing address if you are interested!

Thanks!

Jodi Hughes
pubintern@thomasnelson.com