Wednesday, July 29, 2009

boocoos

boocoos: meaning many; much.

I think boocoos might be one of my favorite words. I use it a lot to say "Wow, you have boocoos of shoes in your closet" or "Pitt/Jolie have boocoos of children".

See, it's a very useful word.

And imagine a southern drawl spun on it.

Unfortunately, this is boy's least favorite word.

He wasn't even convinced it was a real word and thought it sounded a little too country. This coming from a Texan who says yell-A instead of yell-O. But I'd continue to say it and he'd continue to tell me not too until one day I pulled it up on an online dictionary to prove my point.

Now boy can admit I'm right boocoos of times in our marriage.

7 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

Yep... I use that word quite a bit myself... & being a girl from KY... I too have the Southern Drawl on it...

Even better - I think hubs uses it himself... its a common word in our home... BOOCOO BOOCOO's! :)

~M~ said...

I use that word too!

Kodi said...

haha
You give me boocoos of laughs! :)

Heather said...

I love that now I know how to spell boocoos!!!
OH- and thank you SO much for Avery Kate's treat.....We love it
BOOCOOS!!!!!!!! You are so sweet!

Lauren said...

I am soooo with you, love that word!!!!!! Long live "BOOCOOS", haha!! :)

Heather said...

I love that word and use it all the time!

The Nashville Nosher said...

too funny! I have never heard of that word!!!