Thursday, January 1, 2009

my new year's resolution

Happy New Year's friends!

There's lots of talk today about New Year's resolutions. I thought I'd share mine...well actually I'm going to call this more of a Every New Year's resolution.

To never EVER buy a pair of these...



Oh friends you know I love everything Target, but I will not lie a few weeks ago when I saw these sight blinding pants in the women's section I just about jumped in my shopping cart to hide.

Really?!?! Is it just me not getting this fad because I have yet to walk past someone on the street and stop them to tell them how fabulous they look in their pantie line showing- PJ Sparkles pants.

So there you have my New Year's resolution...now if we could just get these illegalized in all 50 states we'll be good. Oh and these too...


photos: target

14 comments:

Whitney said...

Ok yes, I am COMPLETELY with you!!!!!! My friend and I saw those a couple weeks ago and I was completely demoralized by having laid eyes upon them! HA!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
PS: You should start the petition to have them banned. I'll totally sign it!!!

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Oh yes, let's boycott. But not boycott Target. I couldn't!

Jenna said...

Oh my lands. Well that is just craziness walking around on two legs right there.

Page said...

I totally agree.

Allikaye's Mama said...

Ah! I saw those gold tights...in action..when the girl's ministry at my church did a little lip-sync dance for all of us! They were h-o-t! heheh!

Unknown said...

the gold pants looks like those things photographers use when theyre lighting a set.

Erin Ward said...

You have got to be kidding me! They actually sell those at Target???

Unknown said...

I came over from Kelly's Korner to your blog. What a hysterical picture to see when it first showed up. I can't believe people actually wear those!

Thanks for a little laughter this morning!
Paige

Lee said...

You aren't supposed to wear panties with those.
Or at least you're supposed to wear a thong.

Not condoning, just explaining. Those pants scare me.

"See this little bit of thigh fat I have? LET'S SQUEEZE IT INTO THESE SAUSAGE TUBES!"
Yeah, no thanks.

Anonymous said...

I was at Target the other day, and I must have missed those. Here's hoping others did as well . . .

Anonymous said...

Wise decision!

I'm watching "What Not To Wear" today and I promise you...these have been featured in a few closets, and it took total restraint not to gag.

I <3 Target...but who decided to place those in the store? Yikes!

Tiffany said...

Oh my golly! I love those pants!

Just kidding! Seriously, are we that hard up on fashion designers in the world that we have to resort to the bad side of 70's-80's fashion. Wow! Love your resolution and sign my name to the petition going to DC to illegalize these "pants". :)

Oh..popped over from Paige's blog today and love your design! I'll be adding myself to your following, girl. You're a hoot! :)

Tiffany in Washington...for now

Rebecca Jo said...

OH MY GOODNESS... I felt like the 70's just made a comeback looking at those!

Unknown said...

wow!