Sunday, August 17, 2008
1. I love the Olympics! I heart the summer Olympics just a tiny bit better than the winter because gymnastics and swimming are way fun to watch.
2. The sound of Bob Costas voice has echoed throughout my house for 9 days none stop. We consider him family now.
3. Speaking of sounds does anyone else have the Olympic "theme" tune stuck in their head..."buuuuum....buuuuum..bu bum bum bum bum"? It's rather catchy.
4. I cry a lot and I mean a lot during the games. Like when they show the parent's bawling their eyes out when their kid wins or when they do stories like this or this. Tears are just so darn contagious.
5. Dara Torres is a rockstar. To have a 2-year-old, be 41 and win like she has...very inspiring. I'm thinking I may still have a chance at a gold. Let's see that gives me about 15 years to train. Now where do you get the suit?
6. Or if all else fails I can ask the neighbor kids if I can borrow their trampoline for training. The trampoline competition was seriously a highlight with us.
7. How much does it cost to feed Michael Phelps a day? That's some serious caloric intake my friends.
8. Boy has a friend's brother who made it to Beijing in track. Kind of a big stretch in knowing someone, but hey it was a blast to jump up and down cheering for him Saturday night.
9. I'm running out of Olympic randomness.
10. The commercials promoting The Office and 24-Hour Fitness leave me in stitches every time.
Posted by a boy a girl and a pug