Our household was a bit rocked (in a good way) this weekend with our four-year old guest, Miss H. Oh my we love this child, but we are worn out to the bone. God Bless you mamas out there for your patience and energy!! And sweet pug is so tired he can barely lift his head, or that may be the side effects of bitting one too many bubbles and being feed a crayon or two throughout the weekend.
We had a great weekend playing at the park, ice cream from the ice cream man and bedtime stories galore while her parent's were away. We learned a thing our two that I'm sure many of you have mastered.
1. The ice cream man has a sixth sense of when you show up at the park. Day one we splurged for a $2 ice cream that melted too fast. Day two we exclaimed that we suddenly had forgotten our money!! Oh how forgetful we can be.
2. Always have bath toys on hand for your guest's enjoyment. H was rather disappointed that we did not keep a supply on hand. Thankfully my creativity came in hand with a supply of empty water bottles that I pumped up to being the greatest thing ever!
3. You never get to watch what you really want to watch, and we quickly learned what channel Disney & Nick. is found on. I can't seem to get the theme song to Dora out of my head. Someone make it stop.
4. Does anyone know what Fifth's Disease is? I do!! I noticed a sort of rash on H's legs after bath time Friday. Called her mom and found out this child must have a relapse. She was totally fine, but I went ahead and canceled a playdate for the next day and scheduled a sub at church. Too many pregnant women and children to infect. So we kept to ourselves.
5. This four-year old doesn't nap and kids wake up really early. REALLY EARLY!!
6. According to H, I'm fabulous at coloring in a coloring book. She was awestruck at my ability to stay within the lines. What can I say...it's a gift.
7. Crocs are just the cutest things ever on little girls.
8. We aren't in any rush to have children anytime soon.
As I was buckling her up in her car seat to meet her mom and boy and pug were getting loaded with lots of kisses and hugs she exclaimed,
"Are you returning me now!"
"Yes sweet girl, but we will rent you again soon!"