Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I don't believe I sang in the rain once yesterday

It rarely rains in Texas, but when it does it seems to do so all at once. I learned a few things yesterday during the floods that I thought I would take the time to share with you today.

1. Buy an umbrella. Apparently, our house does not believe in the ownership of umbrellas because I could not find a single one. That may be a wise investment to make on my next Target outing.
2. Don't even bother straightening the hair. Why I spent 45 minutes doing my hair is beyond my understanding. I wasn't outside 5 minutes before it went into a ponytail.
3. I don't cook when it rains. This is something I just figured out. My cooking abilities seems to wash away when it pours and I loose all desire to pick up a pan. So we found ourselves chowing down at IHOP because a big stack of pancakes can make the world go round.

6 comments:

Erin Ward said...

I usually staighten my hair on Sundays for church, but I always make sure I check the weather first. Because if it might rain, I won't even bother.

Page said...

I'm with ya! I, too, will spend 30-45 minutes straightening my hair only to walk outside and POOF, it's huge. Why the effort? I don't know...

Allikaye's Mama said...

Hmmm...I should use that excuse about rain "washing away my cooking abilities"!!Then maybe I can get some IHOP - yum!

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

We went to IHOP too!

It is raining here too and floods...I don't even won a umbrella....I tend to wear Pony tails on rainy days or Hot and Humid days..other wise...FRIZZ CITY!

Anonymous said...

IHOP rocks. Ask my kids . . .

And nothing beats pancakes with it's raining. Hope none of your stuff floats away.

Brian

Tam said...

Then you would've starved here this winter. It was like a constant drizzle here. Rare for Southern Oregon!

My son Super Heroes my Umbrellas into unidentifiable objects. i hide them now. Then can't find them!