Monday, February 4, 2008

Read anything good lately?

I always love hearing what y'all are reading, so do share. Here is what my list looks like right now. It comes highly recommended.

reading:

"Searching for God Knows What" by Donald Miller

just read:
"Blue Like Jazz" by Donald Miller- this book rocks as you can see I enjoyed the author so much I'm reading another one of his right now. This book will move you.
"The Lovely Bones" by Alice Sebold- everyone kept telling me to read this that it will go down as a classic. It was on the bestseller's list for some time. I finally picked it up over the Holidays and read it. Let me just say wow. It is a beautifully written novel. This book deals with some VERY rough and disturbing issues. This may not sit well with some of you so do be aware of this. I do believe it is coming out as a movie late this year.

will read:
"The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini
"A Thousand Splendid Suns" by Khaled Hosseini
"Remember Me" Sophie Kinsella- these is a hilarious British author. She wrote the Shopaholic series. These a quick and fun reads and I can't wait for her newest to come out later this month.
"unChristian" by David Kinnaman- on sale at Family Christian by the way.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Thanks for your book list. I LOVED Lovely Bones! Great book! Have you read Lucky? Also, wonderful. I read Blue Like Jazz as well. Great read! I'll have to pick up some of your other suggestions. Seems we have the same taste in books. :)

mandy said...

gonna go check out "the lovely bones"....


my husband is currently reading "The Thunderbolt Kid" (by bill bryson) to me b4 bed. we lay in bed & laugh & laugh!

a boy a girl and a pug said...

Girl at Desk- I just love your blog! I tried to leave a comment, but it wouldn't let me. I'm clueless at wordpress so I'm hoping you come back and see this. I have not read "Lucky" I need to add that to my list. And do get Donald Miller's other book I've had people tell me they liked it better than "Blue..." too early for me to way in on that.

Mandy- so get "The Lovely Bones"...great book. I'm going to have to check out your suggestion!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

I LOVE reading, and LOVE Sophie Kinsella, so I will have to get that book!