Thursday, January 31, 2008

This ain't your mama's mac & cheese

UPDATE on the "It's Back" post. When I got home this afternoon boy was like "Charles called!" I was all like "my new BFF...did he need some business advice" Confused boy was like "no he called to tell you they found the house number". Mystery solved. I love that Charles!

Thank you all so much for all of your awesome tips a few posts back on my face. I so appreciate it! I feel a skin care miracle a comin'. I'm going to try some out and let ya know. I had bible study tonight and so I tivo'd "Lost", so I'm trying to keep myself from running to watch it without boy who's sound asleep. How he can sleep without knowing if they get off the island is beyond me.

And I leave you with this....we shall call it "this ain't your mama's mac & cheese". I found this recipe in a magazine and as soon as I saw cream cheese as an ingredient it brought tears to my eyes. Thank you whoever you are that thought this awesomeness up.


7 oz penne pasta
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
1/2 tsp. grouund mustard
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. worcestershire sauce
2 cups milk
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
3 oz. cream cheese
4 oz. shredded monterry jack
Italian Parsley

Heat oven to 350. Cook pasta as directed on bag. In a saucepan melt butter. Then add flour, seasoned salt, ground mustard, pepper, worcestershire sauce. This will make a thick mixture so don't worry. Remove from heat and add in milk. Put it back on the stove and boil. Stir after boils for 1 min. Remove from heat and add all the cheeses and stir with a whisk.
Mix mixture and pasta and put in a casserole dish and bake for 20 minutes uncovered. Sprinkle with a little Italian parsley. It's okay to cry if you need to...it's really that good.

Recipe from Pillsbury magazine January 2008.

3 comments:

Bella and Perogi said...

just wanted to say hi! i love reading your blog. That mac and cheese looks deliciously sinful!!! i'll have to make it one day when i'm feeling the urge to cheat on my diet.

Heather said...

That just doesn't look like it would add any pounds to my frame! :) It looks AWESOME! Love your recipies!~ If you lived closer I'd be over to partake in any leftovers you and boy didn't eat :) Is there such a thing as leftovers after something like that?

Anonymous said...

Wow, that sounds really good. I'm new to your blog but if you keep posting mac and cheese recipes I may have to vist everyday. : )