After standing in line at the post office for what seemed like hours, I needed a quick pick me up to get through the rest of the day. I headed over to the Sonic because a large Sprite with Sonic ice always does the trick. It's like a little cup of joy. Now if you remember I recently gave up Dr. Pepper and all other caffeinated beverages. It was rough, but I am proud to say that I am 2 months "caffeine sober" and y'all know what... I don't miss it at all. Now my new crutch is Sprite...d'oh!
I order and the lady brings it out right away. I handed her more than enough, she said thank you and walked away. I'm sitting there like "uhhhhh hello change please?"
This is the not the first time this has happened. So I started thinking about our tipping habits.
1. Okay I sometimes tip at Sonic. I'm just a little more willing to tip when they don't take the money and run. If they are super sweet or come out with roller skates...more tip for you. I love people that make the effort.
2. We always tip at restaurants. I know the rule of thumb is 15% so we usually double the tax. Again if they go above and beyond with service and friendliness we are more than happy to throw down more in gratitude. Sometimes though I hate to even tip, I do, but I'd really like to right a little note saying "be nice!!"
3. Hair. I ALWAYS tip my hair dresser. I love my hairdresser lady...it's such a fun 2 hour therapy chat. And I always want whoever to step foot by my hair with scissors and color know that I tip...so please don't junk it up. This was a new one for my husband.
4. Nails and Threading...I usually put down a couple extra bucks on the toes and then I get my eyebrows threaded instead of waxed, it's AMAZING if you've never done it, and some tip there too.
5. But then here's my kicker, does anyone tip at Quizno's or Subway? They've started to put a tip spot on their receipt. I'm like ugh??? what do I do???
They really need a tip class in school's...so I'm curious tell me how you tip because maybe I'm missing a big one.
I'll be back later with a new receipe.