Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Snacks, hair cuts and well Lasagna all in one post

I've really got nothin' to blog about. Life is sort of in boring mode. Which is good because well boring is better than super chaotic. So I felt I would share the randomness of my mind with you all because I'm sure you would enjoy to hear it.

1. I forgot tomorrow is my night at bible study for snacks, DOH!, so I'm scrambling trying to find some wow factor receipe and then head over to the grocery store to get the stuff and make it all tonight. Any suggestions cooks out there?

2. Big Brother 8 is coming to an end this coming Tuesday. I believe I mentioned before that we are loser fans that rework are schedules around as much as we can to tune in each Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. And when we absolutely have to miss because someone just does not understand our Big Brother love we rely on our pal TiVo. TiVo is such a good friend. So next week are schedule will open up and we can maybe go back to socializing with real people. But I do have to say I'm very excited about the new shows coming for fall. I am a tv girl so tell me what show you are looking forward too?

3. I've waited too long to get my hair cut and highlighted. It looks horrid. If I were my husband I'd be so embarrassed to walk around with a wife that's roots are so stinking long. I can't get in until the 26th and it just may send me over the edge. Speaking of hair I'm wanting a new do. I like it long and bangless, but I see all these cute sassy hair cuts like Reese Witherspoon in Sweet Home Alabama. I'm just too chicken to go that short.

4. Because I'm feeling so lazy I will leave y'all with my super easy Lasagna that rocks! You have to make it the night before, so I usually make it Saturday night because Sundays I like to be lazy after church and watch Lifetime tv and nap.

1 lb. ground beef
1 Jar 26-28 oz of Pasta sauce
1 cup of water
Box of Lasagna noodles (don't cook them)
8 oz. ricotta cheese
1 package of sliced mozzarella cheese
1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves
1 egg

Cook ground beef. Then add in pasta sauce to a bowl with water. Mix together ricotta, egg and oregano. Put off to the side. Pour 1 1/2 cups of the pasta/meat mixture in the bottom of 8 x 13 pan. Top with uncooked lasagna noodles add half of the ricotta mixture. Top with half the mozzarella slices. Pour another 1 1/2 cups of sauce/meat mixture, followed again by noodles, then ricotta mixture and topped with the remaining mozzarella slices. Pour the rest of the sauce/meat mixture on top. Cover and place in the fridge.

Next day: Preheat to 375 and cook for 50 minutes.
So stinking easy, but so stinking good. We had it Sunday night and Monday night for dinner this week and I completely forgot to take a picture to show you.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Oh girl ... we have been watching BB8 as well. Can't believe all the drama this year! Oh I can't believe ED and Danielle are still in the game .... Could talk for a while on this but for the sake of your other readers I will not.

TV shows I'm looking forward too... Prision Break, Greys Anatomy, Survivor, NCIS, Numbers, Ok is that too many shows? :)

Sorry I read this this morning. our Bible study did some great appitizers for our group Sunday night ... good stuff! Have fun!

Tam said...

I did Witherspoons "do" once. Loved it! I think it's adorable! I have wavy hair so I had to straighten it every day - so that got tiresome...actually, I straighten it most days now.

You're funny Heather! We're a Greys Anatomy house too! Love that show!

a boy a girl and a pug said...

Yeah Heather's a BB8 fan! We are so routing for Zach to pull through!!!