Sunday, September 2, 2007

Can't put 'em down...

I have a gazillion other things I should be doing, but I can't put these books down. Tell me what you're reading today!

Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers
Mandy actually recommended this and I'm ever so glad she did because it is an amazing read! I just started, but the author immediately pulls you in and before you know it you're lying in your bed at 2 am still reading. Funny story on this book too. I made a special trip to Family Christian the other day looking for this book. They were out. I come home and later that night when boy got back from seeing a football game with his dad he handed me this. My sweet in laws loaned it to me. How cool is that?




Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell
He is a great speaker and an equally outstanding writer. Just started this one so I'll let you all know what I think of it when I finish.

8 comments:

Shelly said...

Oh girl...Redeeming Love. It's a keeper! Incredible book...all of her books are.

Little Steps Of Faith said...

Rob Bell is an awesome preacher. Look him up on itunes.:)

Erin Ward said...

Redeeming Love is the best book I've ever read. I couldn't put it down either. I'm betting you'll read it more than once in this lifetime.
I just stopped by. Glad to see you have a pug too! :)

Heather said...

I loved Redeeming love! Great book!

Tam said...

I am not in the middle of a book right now - but am planning to read 90 minutes in Heaven by Piper and Under the Overpass by Mike Yankoski. 90 minutes...self explanatory - Under the Overpass is a story of a guy who went on a journey to see what he would do if he really had nothing else in life. Would he still trust God and have a relationship with him if he had nothing. So I ditched life as he knew it and became homeless for 5 months. My husband just read it and said it is one of the best books he's ever read. I'm excited about it!

Tam said...

Oops - "he" ditched - not "i"

a boy a girl and a pug said...

yes I just got 90 minutes in heaven too! can't wait to start it. fyi it's on sale y'all at family christian for like 6 bucks. thanks for the recommendation tam!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Redeeming Love is my favorite!!! Seriously...such a good book!