Friday, June 29, 2007

wish you were here

Here are some pics. from our trip to Aruba...oops I mean Ft. Lauderdale thanks to our friends at the passport center. We were set all set for a few days on the island of Aruba with our swimsuits packed, airline tickets purchased, hotel reservations made and a passport for boy that was "supposedly" on it's way. We even expedited the thing too!! To make a long story short the passport got lost and we went to plan B...Ft. Lauderdale. We had a great time...and we really can't complain we did get some Miami beach.

Boy at the beach catching some serious waves. He also looks like I fell out of the movie Top Gun with those shades.

I am also proud to say that I ate bread on Ocean Drive on South Beach. I think the overly skinny waitress flipped because it looks as if no one ever orders carbs in the town. They don't even give out bread to munch on while you wait. You have to ask. I have no shame.

Okay, now here is a good story. Boy was on a phone call in the hotel room and I took this perfect time while the sun was setting to snap a few pictures of these gorgeous money boats. Now I had my super duper zoom on my SLR so I really was just snapping quick getting what I could when this next picture popped up into my eye.

Yep, it says what you think. At first I didn't know if I should be appalled or impressed that someone went to so much skill to create this word. I mean come on put your wood word creating to some use. Thankfully, the word was removed in the middle of the night and the next morning "USA" greeted are morning view.

No comments: